3rd Grade Art
George Rodrigue, a contemporary artist from the United States,
is perhaps best known for his Blue Dog pictures. In 1984 George was asked to illustrate a book
of Cajun ghost stories. One of the stories was called Watch Dog, a story about
a Loup Garou, the Cajun name for a Werewolf. He used a photo of his little
white dog Tiffany as a model for the Loup Garou and painted her fur a bluish
color (the color he thought the night time sky would make her fur appear) Soon
people started asking about his blue dog pictures so the blue dog was born. He
used bold solid colors and expressed the feelings of mankind through the Blue
Dog—why am I here, what am I doing, and where am I going. The Blue Dog began
appearing in different colors depending on what he was thinking about. For
example, if he was thinking about hot dogs, he might be yellow for mustard.
These very creative pictures were made from cut paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment